If your business is involved in the manufacturing, packaging, buying, selling or moving of pharmaceutical products, hazardous materials, or dangerous goods then you will need a specialist warehouse.
Consumer healthcare: The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) approves warehouses for the healthcare sector.
The MHRA Good Distribution Practice (GDP) requires that medicines are consistently stored, transported and handled under suitable conditions, as required by the MA or product specification. Typical MHRA accreddited warehouses have the following features:
- Regular site checks and verification by MHRA.
- Highly secure, required to be monitored 24 hours a day via CCTV, both inside and out.
- Clean and subject to regular inspections and stringent pest control measures.
- Temperature controlled zones, to ensure that the needs of each consignment is catered for.
- Temperature controlled packaging service on site for export shipments.
- MHRA compliant logistics operation with MHRA standards audited on a regular basis.
- Continuous Monitoring System with alarms.
- Compliant with GDP.
The healthcare and pharmaceutical industry is strictly regulated and has specific requirements for picking and packing, stocking, and shipping products. The MHRA is a government body responsible for standards of safety, quality and performance of licensed pharmaceutical products available within the UK. All pharmaceutical manufacturers and the products they make must have regulatory approval from the MHRA. All wholesalers and distributors must be approved and licensed by the MHRA.
Fortunately, Stowga can match you with MHRA licensed warehouses that have extensive experience and accomplishments in these areas. If you would like to discuss your MHRA licensed warehousing and fulfilment requirements in more detail please get in touch.
Our database has every warehouse and supplier covered/accredited by:
Stowga is an agnostic warehousing solution that connects suppliers and customers looking to buy and sell warehousing space. Our algorithm will match you with the best and most appropriate suppliers on the market, so that you can find the space that meets your specifications.